Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daily Sketchbook

As a personal quest, I've decided I'm going to spend 1-3 hours a day doing a daily sketch, just to stay in shape. It started as a 3-part quick sketch cartoon for my boyfriend to make him smile during exams, and evolved from there. I've decided for the rest ofDecember I'll be drawing, naturally, the 12 Days of Christmas, developing my character design skills and working on my understanding of space and composition.

For your viewing pleasure, here are
the first two days of Christmas!

















My idea behind the Partridge is that, alone in his pear tree, he has started to take notice of the fact that he and the pears have the same shape, and due to sheer lack of company, had
fallen in love with a certain pear. Anything to keep him company on cold winter nights.

















My concept behind the doves is summed up very beautifully by a friend of mine. He says it looks like he has a "drunk, Japanese-businessman-esque quality", while another friend finishes, " 'I'm a bond trader and after that glass of wine, you're comin' with me' And she's actually considering it!"

I want to give these drawings as playful an air as possible, stretching my skills of face and body expressions further than I have before. I hope you enjoy! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment